This pie drove me bananas!
Banana Coconut Cream Pie anyone? This is one of my favourite treats that I have ever made, it's raw, nut-free, gluten-free, and delicious. It's very different from your usual banana cream pie, but we embrace difference over here!
Banana Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 Cups Medjool Pitted Dates
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Syrup
- 3 Bananas
- 350 G Medium Firm Sprouted Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Green Banana Flour
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Mylk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
Coconut Cream Ingredients:
- 1 Cup So Delicious Coconut Whip (Or you can make your own with coconut cream, coconut sugar, and vanilla)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
- Zest of 1/4 Lemon
- Soak dates overnight to soften
- Blend dates in a food processor until creamy
- Add in all other ingredients and blend
- Press crust mixture firmly into a greased circular cake pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor
- Pour into a mason jar or container, cover, and refrigerate for two hours.
Coconut Cream Directions:
- Whip all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Refrigerate until filling and crust are ready.
- Take crust out of the refrigerator.
- Pour filling on top of the crust.
- Smoothen the filling with a spatula.
- Freeze until the mixture sets (this should take about 2 hours)
- Remove the pie from the pan.
- Top with coconut whip.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.