See ya later KD!
Who loved KD's mac and cheese as a kid? My brother loved it, but I was not a big fan. I've never actually been a big fan of cheese or anything creamy throughout my life, but for some reason, I really dig sweet potato cheese! For any ex KD lovers, this recipe is for you... and for people like me hehe.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Mac & Sweet Potato Cheese Recipe (serves 2):
Sweet Potato Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp Unsweetened Coconut Milk (you can also use full fat if you want it to be super creamy)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Yeast Flakes (optional...for extra cheesiness)
You will also need:
- Coconut Bacun
- Gluten Free Pasta of Choice (I used organic corn pasta)
Sweet Potato Cheese Sauce Directions:
- Peel sweet potato and chop it into small squares
- Fill a stove pot with water and bring to a boil on high
- Once the water is boiled, add in sweet potato and boil until soft
- Once soft, remove from heat, drain, and toss in a food processor with all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour onto pasta of choice, top with coconut bacuns, microgreens, and more yeast flakes.