Chocolate Dipped Vegan Vanilla Donuts
Vegan and Gluten Free Vanilla Donuts Dunked in Chocolate Glaze Recipe:
1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
7 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup & 2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Cacao
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Juice of 1/3 Lemon
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup & 2 Tbsp Vanilla Coconut Milk (or any other plant mylk)
1/2 Tsp Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a donut pan with oil, or use a silicone donut molud (ps. This will increase the baking time by half)
2. Prepare vegan butter mylk… whisk together plant mylk, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar and set aside until it curdles
3. In one bowl combine dry ingredients & in another bowl combine wet ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients & mix until smooth.
5. Pour or pipe into donut moulds
6. Bake for 12-17 minutes
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. When the donuts are cooling, mix 1 cup of icing sugar, 1/3 cup cacao powder, and 1/2 - 2 Tbsp of chocolate coconut mylk. Start off with 1/2 tbsp and add more mylk if the icing needs to be runnier. Whip well, until there are no clumps.
9. When the donuts are cool, dunk the donuts in the glaze. Do this twice.
10. When the glaze is semi dry, sprinkle donuts with chocolate of choice.
11. .Optional... drizzle with more icing. To get a lighter coloured icing, lessen the quantity of cacao powder & swap chocolate coconut mylk with vanilla.
12. Let set & enjoy!