Scrumptious Beet Burger as Featured in Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls Cook Book
There's not much that can beat a plant-based burger that is packed with protein, antioxidants and flavour. Are we right? This is our recipe for the Vegan Bowls For Vegan Souls cookbook, it's made with luscious beets, sweet potato, chickpeas, gluten-free oats and quinoa. This burger will leave your taste buds buzzing!
- 2 Medium Beetroots, Chopped
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, Chopped
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1⁄2 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Blue Spirulina (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes and beets in avocado oil and bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Once the beets and sweet potato are soft, place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend to combine.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and hand mix to ensure the mixture is well combined.
- Scoop 1⁄2 cup of burger mixture to form each patty. This will make 4 burgers.
- Bake on your prepared tray for 24 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, make your hummus. Drain and rinse chickpeas, blend chickpeas in a high-speed blender until smooth. Add all remaining hummus ingredients and blend well.
- Throw your burgers on a bun, a bed of lettuce, or a wrap. Top with hummus and serve.