What the... Vegan? What's Blue Spirulina?
If you've ever wondered how we naturally colour our creations blue, the magical culprit is Blue Spirulina. Funny enough, we don't just use it for its amazing colour. It's really good for you too.
What is Blue Spirulina?
Blue Spirulina is an extract of Spirulina. Spirulina is a blue-green algae grown in freshwater. Spirulina contains large amounts of Phycocyanin, a water-soluble antioxidant that gives Spirulina it's blue-green hue. To create Blue Spirulina, the blue pigment (Phycocyanin) is extracted from Spirulina and converted into a blue powder.
What Are its Benefits?
- Blue Spirulina is a powerful antioxidant which helps the body fight free radicals and provides cellular protection.
- Blue Spirulina is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent which relieves individuals from physical discomfort and pain due to inflammation and inflammatory conditions.
- Blue Spirulina assists with the maintenance of healthy joints & promotes healthy muscle recovery post-workout.
- Blue Spirulina is a powerful detoxifying agent, useful for the removal of heavy metals and other toxins.
- Blue Spirulina is anti-microbial.
- Blue Spirulina promotes a healthy microflora balance and can be used as a tool to fight candida and other related issues such as leaky gut.
- Blue Spirulina is an energy booster! Bye Bye coffee.
How to Introduce it Into Your Life & Daily Routine:
Blue Spirulina is widely available in powder and tablet form. The great thing about Blue Spirulina is that it doesn't have a fishy taste so you can pretty much add it to anything. You can add the powder to lemon water, smoothies, juices, chia puddings, baked goods and other goodies. We love Raw Nice's Blue Spirulina Powder, it's gorgeous, it doesn't smell like the sea, and it's full of goodness.
If you are in need of some #BLUEFOOD inspo check out all of our magical and vibrant creations. Or if you don't have the time, you can mix the powder in water and reap the full benefits of Blue Spirulina. Being healthy just got that much easier!