Vanilla Buckwheat Multi-Coloured Donuts
What can I say? We really love donuts. When we were in NYC last week, we had the opportunity to eat several vegan donuts throughout our trip which made us crave them when we came back home. I decided to make a different recipe for my donuts utilizing light buckwheat flour, which is much easier on the digestive system than brown rice flour.
Vanilla Buckwheat Donut Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cup Light Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp True Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp True Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Hemp Mylk
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Organic Icing Sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Mylk
- 1 Tsp True Vanilla Extract
- For Blue Spirulina Glaze: 1 Tsp Blue Spirulina
- For Pink Pitaya Glaze: 1 1/2 Tsp Pink Pitaya
- For Butterfly Pea Glaze: 2 Tsp Butterfly Pea Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- Melt coconut oil over a stove pot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine apple cider vinegar and hemp mylk. Let curdle for 5 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Once curdled, combine melted coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and hemp + apple cider mixture.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Fill donut moulds 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Place parchment paper underneath the cooling rack.
- Dip donuts into the icing and let dry on the cooling rack. You may have to dip them twice depending on how much of a glaze you like.
- Sprinkle with donuts.
- Whip all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined.