Tofu Scramble on Toast! Pure gold baby.
This has to be one of my favourite breakfasts, besides vegan waffles and nicecream (of course). Tofu scramble spread on sprouted bread with seed butter, avocado, salsa, and some greens. What more could you want for breakfast or brunch?
Tofu Scramble with Pineapple Strawberry Salsa Recipe
Tofu Scramble Ingredients:
- 1 Packet Extra Firm Sprouted Tofu
- 1/2 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Chopped Red Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Organic Corn
- 1 1/2 Cup Kale
- 3 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Tamari
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pineapple
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Pink Salt
Tofu Scramble Directions:
- Press water out of tofu
- In a bowl, crumble tofu. Add in all seasoning ingredients and combine with hands.
- On medium heat, caramelize onions and red pepper.
- Once caramelized, add in tofu and corn and mix well using a wooden fork.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 12 minutes. Mixing occasionally.
- While the tofu is cooking, tear apart kale into small pieces.
- After the 12 minutes, add in kale. Cover with lid and let simmer for 5-10 minutes (or until the kale becomes welted).
- Remove from heat and serve.
Pineapple Salsa Directions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients
- Add more seasoning if desired
Toast Construction Directions:
Toast bread of choice.
Spread seed or nut butter of choice onto the toast.
Grab a few spoonfuls of tofu scramble and place on top of seed butter. You can press down on the tofu to ensure that it sticks.
Top with sliced avocado and pineapple salsa, microgreens, or all of the above!