Where do you get your protein? A Protein Packed Burger
We love burgers, especially when they are gluten-free, oil-free, and protein packed. I finally decided to give lentils a try again (they have been hurting my stomach for a while) and everything was A-OK with this burger! If you're in the mood for a savoury, satisfying, and really filling burger please try this one out and let us know your thoughts!
Lentil and Quinoa Burger Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cup Cooked Lentils
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Pink Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- For Coating: 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Oats, 1/2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds, 1/4 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, and 1 Tbsp Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Chop onions and fry them on low until golden
- In a food processor, blend cooked lentils, oats, onion, and garlic until smooth.
- Blend in all seasonings.
- Remove from food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Fold in cooked quinoa
- In a small bowl, mix all coating ingredients together.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of burger 'puree' and form it into a patty. Repeat until all puree is gone.
- Coat patties in the coating.
- Bake on each side for 20-25 minutes.
- Toss on a bun, in a bowl, or on a salad and enjoy!