Vegan Apple Pie
Gluten Free and Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
1 Cup GF Oat Flour
1/4 Cup Light Buckwheat Flour
1/2 Tsp Pink Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup Solid Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Ice Water
2 Tsp Arrowroot Powder
5 Cups Diced Green Apples
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Oat Flour to coat apples with
1. Preheat oven to 400 D F
2. In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients for crust.
3. Add in coconut oil and pulse until crumby.
4. Add in ice water. And pulse until you can roll dough into a ball without crumbling. Add more water if needed.
5. Remove from processor and roll out into a large circle.
6. Place in pie dish
7. Trim overhanging dough.
8. Prepare apple filling. Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl.
9. Pour into pie dish.
10. Now prepare another crust following the same directions!
11. Place on top of pie & seal the pie with a fork
12. Optional... glaze with melted vegan butter or sprinkle with sugar of choice.
13. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes! (Until the crust is golden and no longer doughy)
14. Sprinkle with unrefined cane sugar.
15. Cut when completely cooled.
16. Serve with vegan icecream or coconut whipped cream!