Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Muffin Recipe:
1 ¾ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Pink Salt
1 Tsp Cacao Powder
½ Tsp Cinnamon
3 Ripe Bananas (+ ½ banana for topping)
¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Tbsp True Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
¼ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1 Flax Egg
2 Tbsp Melted Seed Butter of Choice (or nut butter)
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Soy Mylk (or any other plant mylk)
½ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chunks
½ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a jumbo muffin pan with coconut oil.
2. Prepare flax egg and vegan buttermylk (combine soy mylk with apple cider vinegar and set aside for 15 minutes)
3. Mash bananas until smooth.
4. In a large bowl combine melted seed butter, coconut oil,mashed bananas, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until smooth.
5. Once smooth whisk in flax egg.
6. Whip in vegan butter mylk.
7. Slowly add in all dry ingredients and combine until smooth.
8. Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks (reserve 1 ½ tbsp of chocolate chunks to top muffins with)
9. Scoop in muffin batter into the muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup almost all the way.
10. Top with choco chunks and ½ banana (chopped in small chunks)
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes depending on how moist you want the muffins to be.
12. Let cool
13. Enjoy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a jumbo muffin pan with coconut oil.