How I Cured My H-Pylori Naturally
My battle with H-Pylori has been an incredibly long and tough one. It's taken countless natural remedies, naturopath visits, diets, meal plans, and lifestyle changes. It's certainly not easy and from my personal experience, it takes many rounds, depending on how bad your H-Pylori is. I think I've been battling H-Pylori for many years, however, it just became notable this year with unbearable and irritating symptoms (brain fog, digestive upset, acid reflux, heart burn, low energy, a feeling of pressure in between my rib cage). In fact, most people who have H-Pylori do not have any symptoms and the bacteria overgrowth is noted when a serious problem develops, such as a stomach ulcer or leaky gut. I am so thankful that I have become more in tune with my body over the years so I was able to notice that something was off. I acted quickly and aggressively to tackle this stubborn infection before it progressed into something more. As I said previously, I have tried many different approaches to fight H-Pylori and this is the only approach that has worked for me. It may not work for everybody, but because I have seen the success of this approach I feel obligated (and soooo excitied) to share it with you. If you would like more information on the foods one should avoid when fighting H-Pylori... check out my other blog post about gut health.
How I Cured My H-Pylori Naturally
The Supplements I Took:
- Broccoli Sprouts - 2 capsules three times daily for fourteen days
- Vegan Probiotic with Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, and Aloe Vera - 3 Capsules once daily for fourteen days
- Black Seed Oil - 2.5 ml (or 1/2 tsp) once daily for fourteen days
- Androphagis - 1 ml four times daily for fourteen days.
- Colloidal Silver - 1 ml twice daily for fourteen days
- Turmeric Root - 2 capsules twice daily for fourteen days
The Small Acts I did:
- Dry Brushing - Daily dry brushing helps support healthy lymphatic drainage which is crucial for the removal of parasites and bacteria. If your lymphatic system is not draining properly, you may feel pretty crummy during your detox process as the bacteria will be rest in your lymphatic system. I dry brush before I jump into the shower every night!
- Coconut Oil Pulling - Coconut oil pulling for twenty minutes has several health benefits due to the anti-microbial and anti-septic properties of coconut oil. Coconut oil pulling has been shown to improve digestion, kill candida, and reduce inflammation. I recommend using coconut oil that has been infused with Eucalyptus oil... it's much more enjoyable.
- Light Exercise - A little bit of light exercise everyday does amazing things for the mind, body, and soul. I don't enjoy high intensity exercise nor do I love going to the gym, but I love doing other forms of exercise such as walking, yoga, hiking, playing recreational sports, or circuit training!
- Minimize Stress Levels - The saying ... "stress can kill' is literal. Bacteria and parasites thrive in a stressful environment and an unhealthy digestive system breeds disease. Minimize stress levels by practicing self care, by engaging in small everyday acts that make you happy and blissful, or by taking adaptogenic herbs such as ashwaganda (it's my best friend).
- Drink Lots of Water - Stay hydrated to keep your cells happy. I drank about 3 Litres of water everyday whilst doing my H-Pylori cleanse.
- Get Lots of Sleep - Your body needs sleep to rejuvenate and repair itself, try to get about 7-8 hours of sleep every night! I struggle with sleep, I have always had a really hard time falling asleep or getting a good nights sleep where I feel completely rested. To improve my sleep I take 5 HTP, drink an adoptegenic latte, and stop using all electronics one hour before bed (I struggle with this one still).
Special Foods I Ate:
- Turmeric- The health benefits of turmeric are endless. I specifically introduced turmeric in my diet throughout my H-Pylori treatment to reduce the inflammation in my gut which was providing the H-Pylori with an environment to thrive in. I drank a bunch of turmeric tea, golden mylk lattes, and curries, as well as, taking turmeric internally! To learn about the benefits of turmeric check out my blog post all about turmeric.
- Unrefined Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is great for your gut! Coconut oil is anti-microbial, anti-viral and anti-fungal, therefore, it will kill any bad bacteria, fungals, or parasites within your gut and digestive system and provide a difficult environment for them to live in. Coconut oil also assists your body in the absorption of much-needed nutrients and healthy fats, which can prevent malnutrition and bacterial imbalances. To introduce more coconut oil in your diet you can add a tablespoon of it to your lattes or herbal blends everyday, cook with it, add it to your smoothies, or eat a tablespoon of it every morning (I am definitely not there yet)!
- Cruciferous Vegetables - vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, spinach, arugula, rutabaga, bok choy, chard, broccoli sprouts, broccolini, and watercress can assist one's digestive system in the fight against bacterial overgrowths. Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli sprouts are high in antioxidants and therefore, can help fight free radicals and repair damage that H-Pylori has caused. During this treatment I made cauliflower porridge & nicecream, cauliflower pizza, roasted brussel sprouts, brussel sprout tacos, kale chips, roasted kale, and many salads.
- Pineapple - Pineapple contains Bromelain, a powerful digestive enzyme that effectively breaks down proteins, eases symptoms of digestive discomfort, assists with proper digestion, reduces inflammation, and boosts your immune system to fight off H-Pylori! To introduce more pineapple into my diet I made pineapple nicecream, pineapple smoothies and juices, pineapple popsicles, and I grilled pineapple to make something savoury!
- Papaya - Papaya contains a digestive enzyme papain which is similar to Bromelain, in it's ability to assist with digestion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar balances your digestive system by increasing acidity levels to promote healthy digestion and the breakdown of food. Apple Cider Vinegar is also anti-microbial so it can assist your body in the removal of H-Pylori. I definitely struggled with introducing apple cider vinegar into my diet, I took shots of it every morning, seasoned my foods with it, and used it bake!
Teas I drank:
- Licorice Root Tea - I didn't want to take too many supplements, so instead of taking deglycerolized licorice root I drank licorice root tea. Licorice root has been proven to heal several digestive issues such as heart burn, IBS, stomach ulcers, and inflammation of the digestive lining. I drank a cup of tea whenever I had uncomfortable symptoms of die off (such as heartburn) and a cup before bed!